Sun, 27 Mar|
Pigs R 4 Lovin - Kids Workshop
Does your child love pigs and want to learn more about them, what they love and how to be kind to them? Framed around empathy, this great, interactive workshop aimed at 7-12-year-olds will teach kids what's important to pigs, and how pigs are for lovin', not for the oven!
Time & Location
27 Mar 2022, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm AEDT
Manar, 7778 Kings Highway, Manar NSW 2622, Australia
About the Event
Does your child love pigs from their snout to their curly little tail? Do they want to learn more about them, what they love and how to be kind to them?
Framed around empathy, this inspiring, interactive workshop aimed at 7-12-year-olds will teach kids what's important to pigs, and how pigs are for lovin', not for the oven!
After a welcome to the sanctuary from sanctuary co-founders, Kate & James, kids will learn some fun facts about pigs, before heading out to meet some of the sanctuaries 19 pig residents! We'll also mix up the pigs dinners where kids can learn about feeding pigs and what they can and can't eat.
When we come back from our tour, we'll put what we've learnt into action, with some hands-on pig-themed crafts that will make kids think. Kids will be awarded a kindness to pigs certificate for completing the workshop, then we'll finish with a veggie sausage sizzle lunch, ensuring full hearts, minds, and bellies.
- Education session
- Interactive tour with our pig residents
- Pig plush toy & craft materials
- Certificate of Kindness to pigs
- Veggie sausage sizzle lunch (vegan, gluten-free options available)
Age group: Ages 7-12 years
Group size: 10 Kids
Things to note:
- We recommend parents drop kids off and then return at the end - we can recommend great coffee shops in Braidwood for lunch :)
- Little Oak Staff and volunteers all hold current & valid working with children cards
- The event is contingent on weather and if we need to cancel we will refund all tickets if we are unable to reschedule the event at a suitable time for each guest.
- Please wear sturdy shoes, a warm jacket and bring a hat, sunscreen and water!
Children aged from 7 to 12 years old