Sat, 08 Apr|
Kids Sanctuary Workshop
Does your child love animals and want to learn more about them, what they love and how to be kind to them? Framed around empathy, this great, interactive workshop aimed at 7-12-year-olds will teach kids what's important to farmed animals, and how to create a more compassionate world for everyone.
Time & Location
08 Apr, 10:30 am – 1:30 pm AEST
Manar, 7778 Kings Highway, Manar NSW 2622, Australia
About the Event
Does your child love pigs, from their snout to their curly little tail? Are they a hero for horses? A champion for chickens? Compassionate for cows? Do they want to learn more about them, what they love and how to be kind to them?
Framed around empathy, this inspiring, interactive workshop aimed at 7-12-year-olds will teach kids what's important to farmed animals, and how to create a more compassionate world for them!
After a welcome to the sanctuary from sanctuary co-founers, Kate & James, kids will learn some fun facts about farmed animals, before heading out to meet some of the sanctuary's farmed animal residents! We'll also undertake some hands-on tasks, like mixing up pig feeds, helping construct laying boxes for chickens or getting hay for the sheep.
When we return from our tour, we'll put what we've learnt into action with a short interactive session to get kids thinking. As we wind up, each kid will be awarded a kindness to animals certificate for completing the workshop, an activity booklet and a stuffed animal toy. We'll finish with a veggie sausage sizzle lunch, ensuring full hearts, minds, and bellies.
- Education session
- Interactive tour with our animal residents
- Farmed Animal plush toy & activity booklet (with the name and story of one of the rescue animals who lives at Little Oak)
- Certificate of Kindness to animals
- Veggie sausage sizzle lunch (vegan, gluten-free options available)
Age group: Ages 7-12 years
Group size: 10 Kids
Things to note:
- Parents are welcome to stay or drop the kids off and then return at the end - we can recommend great coffee shops in Braidwood for lunch :)
- Little Oak Staff and volunteers all hold current & valid working with children cards
- The event is contingent on weather, and if we need to cancel, we will refund all tickets if we are unable to reschedule the event at a suitable time for each guest.
- Please wear sturdy shoes, a warm jacket and bring a hat, sunscreen and water!
Children aged from 7 to 12 years old