Sat, 04 Apr|
Mick Sherd Oval (Parking near toilets)
Compassionate Kids Afternoon Visit
A call out to all Compassionate Kids! Come learn about animals and how we can make the world a better place by being kind to all kinds.
Time & Location
04 Apr 2020, 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Mick Sherd Oval (Parking near toilets), Bungendore NSW 2621, Australia
About the Event
This Compassionate Kids program is for children between the ages of 4-10 years.
Kids and their families will be welcomed to the sanctuary, take part in an educational session, learning how in many ways, animals are just like us, tapping into empathy by considering how others feel in certain situations, and the importance of being kind. A short, kid-friendly tour of the sanctuary will introduce youngsters to the residents of Little Oak with some age-appropriate information about them. The program winds up with an activity framed around kindness to all kinds, a veggie sausage sizzle and fruit.
Meeting spot is at the carpark near the public toilets at Mick Sherd Oval in Bungendore (corner Butmaroo & Gibraltar Streets), we will then follow in convoy to the sanctuary which is around 25 minutes from Bungendore. The convoy will leave at 1.30pm sharp so please be on time as we cannot wait for you as it will hold the event up and it is not fair to other guests.
The event is contingent on weather and if we need to cancel we will refund all tickets if we are unable to reschedule the event at a suitable time for each guest.
Please wear sturdy shoes, a warm jacket and bring a hat, sunscreen and water!
Event Terms & Conditions:
1. Bio security measures are in place at Little Oak Sanctuary, this means that there should be no contact with any farmed animals or camelids (alpacas or llamas) at sanctuaries, farms, markets etc for a clear 7 days before you plan to visit.
2. No dogs permitted on site
3. No feeding of any of the residents is permitted. We do not wish our residents to associate visitors with the expectation of receiving food. Any interactions you experience with our residence will be because they choose to interact, rather than have an expectation of receiving a food reward. If you wish to bring fruit or vegetables for the animals, these will be shared out equally at feed time.
4. Tickets can be exchanged or refunded within 10 days of the event, please contact us if you are no longer able to attend or want to make any changes to your booking and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
5. Little Oak Sanctuary is a smoke free venue. Please do not smoke on site.