Sat, 09 Apr|
Little Oak Sanctuary
Glamping @ Little Oak Sanctuary
Have you ever wanted to go off-grid and spend the night at an animal sanctuary, waking up surrounded by rescued animals amidst a stunning Australian landscape? Well, now you can, at Little Oak Sanctuary.
Time & Location
09 Apr 2022, 3:00 pm AEST – 10 Apr 2022, 9:30 am AEST
Little Oak Sanctuary, 7778 Kings Highway, Manar NSW 2622, Australia
About the Event
The sanctuary is off-grid, powered by solar electricity and all water is rainwater collected in tanks. Located in 273 acres of mixed grazing and stunning bushland, this represents an amazing opportunity to reconnect with nature.
Join co-founders Kate & James on a tour of the sanctuary, where they will share the stories of the rescued residents and you can interact with the more outgoing animals.
You can then just settle down and watch the sunset with a chilled afternoon, go for a stroll down the lane-way, before enjoying a BBQ dinner (vegan, supplied).
Far from the city lights, you can spend the evening stargazing and talking around our small fire pit.
Whenever you'd like to, you can retire to your accommodation for the night - in a beautifully furnished glamping bell tent, fitted with quality queen or king-single sized air beds, bedding, pillows, quilts, cushions, rugs, (solar-powered) blankets, and lit by gorgeous rechargeable LED lighting.
After a restful evening, you can choose to watch dawn break or of course, stay in bed that little bit longer!
A buffet breakfast of cereals, granola, toast, juice and coffee (plant-based milk only) will be provided.
Guests who would like to help us feed the 250+ animals breakfast are also welcome to come along for the feed run and spend a little more time with the animals before heading home.
For safety reasons, this event is only open to fully vaccinated individuals aged 18+ years as of the date of booking.
Spend the night at Little Oak in our furnished 5m Bell Tent
Reawaken in 2022 amongst rescued animals and nature with unique overnight accommodation in a beautifully appointed glamping Bell tent. Bedding can be either our king-single or queen-sized (let us know what you'd prefer) quality air beds all set up with sheets, quilts and pillows. Book the whole tent for you and that special someone, or split the cost among friends
- Accommodation in 5m Bell Tent for up to 4 guests (let us know what configuration of bedding you would like, king-single or queen air beds or a combination)
- 2-hour tour of the sanctuary
- BBQ Pack (all the good stuff: vegan sausages, burgers, mushrooms, corn, potato salad, green salad)
- Non-alcoholic drinks
- Sunset walk with the animals
- Buffet breakfast (cereals, fruit, toast, juice & coffee)
- Help feed the animals
Things to Note:
- WOMBAT DISCLAIMER: The sanctuary is home to Napoleon, a hand raised (but now wild) wombat, and he has been known to explore around tents overnight
- Glamping is only open to guests aged 18 years and over on the date of booking
- It can get quite cold overnight (0-10C) and our tents are off-grid (no heating), please bring warm clothing options for sleeping
- Arrival time is 3:00 pm, Checkout time is 9:30 am
- For the safety of our animal residents, no dogs are allowed
- Toilets (flushing) and basic shower facilities are available, please bring your toiletries
- Cancellations must be made at least two weeks prior to the date.
- If the event needs to be cancelled due to the weather or the pandemic, the option to transfer date will be given or refunds will be available.
Glamping Package for 2
Stunning bell tent accommodation for 2 guests. Includes: * Accommodation in 5m Bell Tent for two people (let us know what configuration of bedding you would like, ie single or double bed) * 2-hour tour of the sanctuary * BBQ Pack (Vegan) * Non alcoholic drinks * Sunset walk with the animals * Stargazing * Buffet breakfast (cereals, fruit, toast, juice & coffee) * Help feed the animals$600.00Sold Out
This event is sold out